Local & Statewide
- Florida Department of Education – main portal for all education news and information published by the Florida Department of Education.
- Florida Electronic Library – gateway to select Internet resources. Use this site for current events, business, health issues, homework help, finding full-text articles and Florida history and information.
National & International
- Educator’s Reference Desk [Formerly Ask Eric] – a personalized Internet-based service that provides education-related information to teacher, librarians, counselors, administrators, educators or anyone interested in education. It has access to all the resources of the entire ERIC system; contains selected educational resources, including lesson plans, info guides, article citations, and much more.
- ERIC (New ERIC Online System) – Released on September 1, 2004, by the Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), sponsored by the Institute of Education Service (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education, this is a centralized ERIC Web-site for searching the ERIC database going back to 1966. Effective October 1, 2004, more than 107,000 full-text non-journal documents (issued 1993-2004), previously available through fee-based services only, will be available for “free”.
- FindArticles (BNET) – – designed to help you quickly and easily find published articles on different topics. The database has over 5.5 million articles from more the 900 magazines and journals, dating from 1998 through the present.
- National Library of Medicine – the world’s largest medical library; collects materials and provides information and research services in all areas of biomedicine and health care.
- Scirus – a comprehensive science-specific search engine, driven by the latest search engine technology; Scirus searches over 167 million Web pages, enabling you to pinpoint scientific, scholarly, technical and medical data on the Web. Find the latest reports, peer-reviewed articles and journals that other search engines miss.
- Student gateway to the U.S. Government (students.gov) – a comprehensive information portal providing answers to questions on education, careers, government and more.
- U.S. Department of Education – web site links several federal agencies related to Education in the United States. The main mission is to ensure equal access to education and to promote educational excellence throughout the nation.
In-House only resources
Located on Second Floor
Bloomberg Financial Markets – The Bloomberg provides 24-hour, instant, accurate and current financial, economical and political information covering all market sectors. It also provides analytics, historical data (going back approximately twenty years, up-to-the-minute news reports, economic statistics and political commentaries. It also provides access to a wide range of local, state, national and international newspapers. Access is available through the Bloomberg terminals in the Reference Department on the 2 nd floor.