FLORIDA MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY – COVID-19 COMPACT
As a proud member of Florida Memorial University, I acknowledge that we all have a shared responsibility to protect each other. I understand that we must all do our part to Protect the Lion Pride and engage in behavior that reduces the spread of COVID-19. Every member of the FMU community must strictly follow all of the safety precautions, measures, and recommendations of the CDC, state and local health department, and other relevant authorities (“Guidance”).
I know that by engaging in life on campus, I may be exposed to COVID-19 and other infections. I understand COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and it is possible to develop and contract COVID-19 even if I follow the Guidance. I understand that although the University is following the Guidance, I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections. I also understand that despite all diligent and reasonable efforts by FMU, I can still contract COVID-19 and other infections.
Because I care about myself and the Lion Pride, I will do the following:
- Get tested, isolate and quarantine when necessary. I will also participate in contact tracing and cooperate with all FMU COVID-19 directives.
- Wear a face covering, mask, or the appropriate personal protective equipment in all public spaces.
- Follow the Guidance for preventing the spread of COVID-19. S.P.R.E.A.D. the Pride, STOP COVID-19 Sanitize, Protect, Respect, Educate, And, Distance.
- Limit attending or hosting social gatherings. Gatherings held in violation of the Guidance have contributed to large outbreaks of COVID-19 at other colleges and universities.
- Comply with all University travel restrictions and visitor policies.
- Follow new and modified information and health and safety requirements from FMU found at www.fmuniv.edu/coronavirus as they become available as public health and medical experts continue to learn more about COVID-19. I understand that it is my responsibility to stay informed of these changes to protect myself and the FMU community.
- Regularly visit www.fmuniv.edu/coronavirus for updates from the University.
I have read, understand, and agree to comply with this Compact. I agree that I will immediately notify designated FMU personnel (AVP of Student Affairs or Human Resources) if I begin to exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms or if I test positive for COVID-19. I acknowledge that FMU policies and procedures outline sanctions, including suspension or expulsion from the University, or disciplinary actions, up to and including separation of employment, that may be imposed should I fail to comply with reasonable directives from FMU or other officials, including the requirements stated above.
I promise to do my part to Protect the Pride!