DR. PRIYE S. TORULAGHA
Associate Professor of Political Science and Public Administration
Department of Social Sciences
School of Arts and Sciences
Room 236 FIU/FMU Building
15800 NW 42nd Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33054
- Ph.D. University of Oklahoma, (Comparative Politics, International Relations and Public Administration)
- M.H.R. University of Oklahoma (Counseling, Human Resource Management)
- M.A. – Oklahoma State University (Comparative Politics and Public Administration
- B. A. – Oklahoma State University (Radio, Television and Film Production)
- Associate Professor of Political Science and Public Administration
- Chair of Social Sciences Department
- Coordinator of Political Science and Public Administration
- Coordinator of Model African Union (MAU)
RESEARCH GRANT PROJECTS
- UNCF/USAID Grant: The grant resulted in the establishment of an international partnership with the Federal University of Bahia, San Salvador, Brazil. It led to the development of a cross-cultural curriculum involving Afro-American and Afro-Brazilian Contemporary Societies. Thus, the course, SSC 403 Afro-Brazilian Society, is a product of the grant and is intended for students here to develop an understanding of Afro-Brazilian society and culture.
- The U.S. Elections Assistance Commission Grant: The grant originated from the Help America Vote College Program (HAVCP) and resulted in the training of 250 college students recruited from colleges and universities in South Florida.
- The UNCF/Ford Professional Development Grant: A grant from the UNCF Institute for Capacity Building and Faculty Enhancement Program resulted in conducting an assessment of the professional development needs of the university. Served as an Assistant Principal Investigator.
- The UNCF/Ford Curriculum and Faculty Enhancement Program: Served as the Assistant Principal Investigator and later as the Principal Investigator on a UNCF/Ford Curriculum and Faculty Enhancement Program in developing and enhancing a comprehensive professional development program for the university.
- Political Science Public Administration Association
- Model United Nations
- Model African Union for Honor Students
- Senior Project
- Organizes the presidential debate on campus to increase student awareness of national issues.
WRITING AND PUBLICATIONS
- Engages in extensive research on international terrorism, Third World Politics, African and Nigerian politics and culture.
- Writes on various issues in international politics as a columnist.
- Academic Council (2007 -2012)
- Academic Advisement 2001 – 2011)
- Administrative Council (2009 – 2011)
- Core Curriculum (2008-2009)
- Budget, Tuition and Fees (2001 -2003)
- Campus Safety Security Brigade (2009-2010)
- Judicial Affairs (2009 -2011)
- Faculty Senate Member (Fall 2015-Present))