There are scholarships available that are focused just on students majoring in Education.
Please visit their websites.
The primary contact for FFMT is Dr. Mildred Berry.
T.E.A.C.H Grant – for more information, please go to the Financial Aid Office.
The School of Education’s Teacher Certification program is designed to facilitate teachers currently working in Miami-Dade, Broward and West Palm Beach counties to renew their State of Florida Teaching license
Teacher Education Internship
The internship experience provides the vehicle for teacher trainees to demonstrate teacher competencies by connecting the theoretical with the practical experiences through implementation of the teaching process.
Application and Completion
The Professional Education Program concludes with the Education Internship. An Application must be completed by the announced deadline one semester prior to the internship experience. Internship is completed during the last semester of the senior year.
Admission to Teacher Education Internship
Before applying for internship, students must be fully accepted into the Professional Education Program, including passing all subsections of the General Knowledge Examination (see above admission requirements). Students must also complete all required education courses. Acceptance into the Education Internship Program is granted by the Professional Education Program faculty committee. Additionally, to qualify for acceptance into the internship program, students must first satisfy the following requirements:
- An overall GPA 2.5 or higher
- A typed one page essay on “My Philosophy of Education”
- Successful completion of 150 clock hours in pre-student teaching experiences or the equivalent with average or above average evaluations
- Successful completion of the Professional section of the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE)
- Completion of local school districts/school requirements including a background clearance