Office of Field Experience
The Office of Field Experiences provides the university with the policies and procedures for entering into any public, private or charter school in Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe or the Palm Beach counties.
Any Florida Memorial University employees anticipating a visitation to the private, public, chartered and/or parochial schools in Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach Counties a fingerprint clearance is mandatory prior to entering the designated school.
The field services office provides the following:
- Placement of Pre-Student Teachers and Student Interns
- Assign School Supervisors to monitor students in the field
- Make contacts with all schools in Metro-Dade County and school board administrators
- Contact with Broward and Palm Beach School Board Administrators concerning observations and/or placement in their schools
- Provide information on the fingerprinting process for Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
Contact Ms. Mendi Riggins for procedures: (305) 623-4279
Location: FIU/FMU Room 221