- Recognize and reward students with special talents in music (Vocal and Instrumental) and Drama.
- Eligible participants involved with the Ambassador Chorale can receive up to $1,000.00 per year.
- Eligible participants involved with the Band can be award up to the annual tuition cost per year (books included) after all financial aid funds are awarded.
- Apply to the University – complete application materials and submit to the Office of Admissions at Florida Memorial University.
- Contact the Chair of the Department of Visual & Performing Arts (DVPA) Mr. Melvin White Mwhite@fmuniv.edu or relevant faculty member.
- Submit audition materials electronically (three pieces of differing styles performed on your major instrument or voice) to the relevant faculty member or contact the DVPA Chair, Mr. Melvin White Mwhite@fmuniv.edu for an on-campus audition:
- Ms. Nicole Yarling – Jazz Vocal, Strings – Nicole.Yarling@fmuniv.edu
- Mr. Melvin White – Voice, Ambassador Chorale – Melvin.White@fmuniv.edu
- Mr. Melton S. Mustafa – Jazz Instrumental, Brass, Woodwind – Melton.Mustafa@fmuniv.edu
- Dr. Nelson Hall – Church Music majors, Keyboard – Nelson.Hall@fmuniv.edu
- Dr. Dawn K. Batson – Music Education majors, Steel Pan, Percussion and all majors – Dawn.Batson@fmuniv.edu
- Once admittance to the University is gained, contact the DVPA office for scholarship contact information. Music scholarships known university-wide as Cultural Scholarships are linked to the music area ensembles. Scholarship recipients must be a member of an ensemble unless special permission is granted by the Chair of the Department. The ensemble directors are:
- Ambassador Chorale: Mr. Melvin White
- Pop Ensemble: Ms. Nicole Yarling
- Chamber Choir: Dr. Nelson Hall
- Jazz Ensemble: Mr. Melton R. Mustafa
- Concert Band: Mr. Melton R. Mustafa
- Steel Ensemble: Mr. Melvin White
We look forward to welcoming you into our family!