The Department of Aviation & Safety serves as the focal point of technological education at Florida Memorial University. We offer rigorous programs designed to educate the future aviators, airport managers and air traffic controllers of the aerospace industry. Among many other facets, our programs stress critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, human resource management and written and oral communications. Our students gain a broad perspective of the aerospace industry, the environments in which it operates, and its impact on global transportation and economics.
Welcome to the Aviation & Safety Department. We’re excited to have you as a student in one of our certificate or degree programs. What makes us different from other Universities with an aviation program are:
- We have our own Cessna 172S aircraft equipped with state-of-the-art G-1000 glass cockpit. Students fly at more than 40% discount from the average rates at other flight schools.
- We are located adjacent to the Opa-Locka Airport, giving our students easy access to their flight school.
- Our faculty have many years of practical experience working in the industry.
- Our Air Traffic Control program has its own tower that overlooks the airport and simulators that replicate how the FAA controls aircraft.
- We offer thousands of dollars in scholarships for our aviation students.
- We provide outstanding internship and mentorship opportunities for our students. We have partnerships with:
- American Airlines
- Miami International Airport
- Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- Spirit Airlines
Building on our legacy of leadership in South Florida, we are committed to providing students with a world-class University education which opens the door to greater economic mobility and professional advancement through innovative programs that provide greater access to the aviation community and subsequently, jobs.
The Department of Aviation & Safety is accredited to offer a B. S. degree in Aviation Management. By AABI