TO: The University Family
FROM: Harold R. Clarke, Jr., Ph.D., Vice President for Administration
DATE: May 5, 2011
The University’s Emergency Management Planning Workgroup meets semi-annually to review and revise the Campus Emergency Managment Plan that addresses situations arising from the threat of severe weather, chemical, biological, hostage or other emergencies.
With respect to severe weather (hurricanes), please be advised that the Smith Conference Center will be established as the primary on campuus shelter area in the event of the need for an emergency evacuation from the resident halls. Please review the attached plans and information provided below carefully and retain the information for use should the need arise.
I am hopeful that it will not become necessary to implement these plans/preparations. However, the safety of students, faculty and staff is of the utmost importance, and the plans below intend to address that issue.
- Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) Plan (PDF)
- Emergency Management Alert Zones (PDF)
- HURRICANE PROCEDURES MANUAL (PDF)
- Hurricane Evacuation Centers (PDF)
- Hurricane Evacution Zone Bus Pick Up Points (PDF)
- 2019 – List of Fuel Stations with Generator (PDF)
- 2019 – List of Grocery Stories with Generator (PDF)
- Personal Safety and Terrorism (PDF)
- Terror Threats and Anxiety (PDF)
- Some Simple Steps for Campus Administrators (PDF)
Note: The following files are in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF). and require that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click here to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.