Who may Borrow Laptops:
- Laptops may only be checked out to active Florida Memorial University students with a valid Florida Memorial University I.D. card.
- Two forms of picture identification must be presented at time of checkout, and one must be a Florida Memorial University I.D. card. e.g. (State, National or International ID’s)
- Each borrower must complete a Laptop Liability Form once per semester.
- Laptops are intended for university related use, in accordance with Florida Memorial University’s Code of ethics and Florida Memorial University Library policy.
Time Limits & Availability:
- One laptop per patron may be checked out from the Library’s 1st floor Circulation Desk, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Laptops may be checked out for a two (2) hour period.
- Renewal is available upon request proving other users are not waiting.
- Laptops must be returned 1 hour prior to Library’s closing.
- Library Use Only.
Fines & Liability:
- Overdue Fines are $2.00 per hour. If Laptops is not returned to the Library’s Circulation Desk with in 24 hours it will be reported to Campus Security for retrieval.
- The borrower is responsible for the Laptop’s safe return to the Circulation desk.
- The Borrower is responsible for all costs associated with damage to the laptop or the replacement of the lost/stolen laptop will be no less than $2,500 plus any accrued overdue fines.
- Repairs and replacement cost for damage to a laptop will be the actual cost of the labor, parts and shipping & handling by the borrower.
- The Library is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged laptops, personal computer components or any other items used with the laptops.
- The Library is not responsible for files saved to the laptop’s hard drive. Personal files should be saved to a portable device.
All questions regarding the Florida Memorial University Laptops should be directed to the Library’s Technology Department. (305) 626-3649