Student Conduct Appeal
This form is for Student Code of Conduct Appeals only
APPEAL INSTRUCTION AND PROCESS
- The Appeal Form and any supporting documents must be completed and typed by the individual student.
- The reason(s) for appeal must be selected on the Appeal Form.
- If appealing a decision made through the Code of Conduct process, the individual student must submit the Appeal Form and Official Letter electronically and will receive the appeal decision letter via your FMU email account and mail.
- Upon electronic submission, the Appeal Form will be sent to the Vice President for Student Affairs and/or the Dean Of Students or University designee for review.
- The Appeal form MUST be completed ONLINE.
- The Appeal Form must be received in correspondence within five (5) business days of the date of receipt of Notice of Decision and Sanction letter. Late appeals with NOT be accepted.
Appellate Review Process:
A student may appeal the decision of the Judicial Affairs Committee (JAC) (as to whether the student has been found guilty or not guilty) and/or the sanctions imposed.
Reasons to appeal are:
- There was a denial of a fair hearing.
- There was insufficient evidence to establish responsibility.
- There is new information available that was not available at the time of the hearing which effects the disciplinary decision.
- Severity of the sanction
The burden of proof at the appellate level rests with the charged student.
The appeal determination of the Vice President of Student Affairs and/or the Dean of Students or designee is final and binding on all parties. There are no further appeals within the University.
* The appeals process is strictly a written process – you will not be granted an in-person meeting with the Appellate Officer to further discuss this case or your appeal.