Date: December 22, 2020
To: University Community
From: Dr. Jaffus Hardrick, President
Re: University COVID-19 Update
The Fall semester has ended, and we are looking forward to your return for the Spring semester. We remain dedicated to providing a safe campus environment for new and returning members of the Lion family. To bolster our successful S.P.R.E.A.D. Lion Pride campaign (Sanitize, Protect, Respect, Educate, and Distance), we are proud to introduce the Protecting the Pride Plan, designed to help us provide the highest quality education and student experience by returning to in-person instruction in the safest possible environment. Due to the fluidity of the national situation, please note, this plan is subject to change at any time, per the latest COVID-19 guidelines. Read below for more details of the plan, as well as this week’s updates.
Protecting the Pride Plan
The Protecting the Pride Plan has all the essential information you will need to know before returning to campus in the new year, including:
- Key Dates
- COVID-19 Testing: Where and when to send your test results before arriving on campus, as well as how to get tested on campus
- Campus Clear App: Be sure to download the app to receive clearance to enter campus
- Campus Facilities Protocols: Learn about our enhanced sanitization procedures for all areas of campus, including classrooms, labs, offices, residence halls, dining areas, and more
- Instructional Plan: How we will conduct classes with the space and social distance to keep you safe
- Residence Life Plan: Updated measures to protect the health and well-being of our on-campus residents
- COVID-19 Compact: The agreement all Lions must follow to Protect the Pride
We have also created a FAQ by category, as a quick guide for finding answers to any questions you may have.
Be sure to check your Lion email frequently, as we will be sending important updates over the break. We look forward to welcoming you back for Spring 2021!
Please continue getting tested biweekly at home, if easily accessible, as students will need to provide negative test results no more than 72 hours in advance of your return to campus after the break. Faculty
and staff will need to test on campus upon their return on January 4, as their 72-hour window falls on a holiday weekend.
You can view our COVID-19 Dashboard anytime for the most recent results of our campus testing.
Everyone is required to download two apps prior to their return to campus:
- Navica, where your campus COVID-19 test results will be sent, for Apple or Android
- Campus Clear, our daily COVID-19 symptom survey, for Apple or Android
If you are traveling internationally over the break, don’t forget to check the latest travel advisories by country on our updated COVID-19 website. Most countries have specific protocols you must follow regarding testing and quarantine upon arrival.
Congratulations on completing your final exams and crossing the finish line! You should be proud of all your hard work and effort in a semester unlike any other. Keep roaring and remember to S.P.R.E.A.D. Lion Pride and Stop COVID-19. Happy holidays to you and your families!