Using a creative and hands-on approach, the STARS (Success Through Academic Retention and Student Engagement) Summer Bridge experience provides new freshmen at Florida Memorial University the opportunity to earn up to 6 academic units while building a network of new friends, faculty, and staff… even before the Fall even begins! Academic, career, and personal enrichment activities complement the students’ university coursework.
The 2021 STARS schedule runs 6 weeks (June 21-July 29), Monday through Thursday, 9:00am-4:00pm
How to Sign Up
Once admitted to the University, follow the steps on your newly admitted students’ checklist:
- Pay Admissions commitment deposit
- Complete both the 2020-2021 FAFSA (for Summer) and the 2021-2022 FAFSA (for Fall) (Email confirmation)
- Satisfy placement testing requirement
- Meet with a CARS Advisor to register for classes and get schedule
- Clear business office responsibilities / Financial Aid consultation
- Complete Housing/Meal Plan request here, if desired, for suite-styled on-campus housing Jun 17-Jul 31
- Attend in-person New Student Orientation on June 18
- Start Summer Bridge classes Monday, June 21!
The tuition and fees associated with the STARS Summer Bridge Program are the responsibility of the student. Students should coordinate with the FMU Office of Financial Aid for information on funding support for the summer sessions, as Pell Grants are available. Applicants must complete both 2020-2021 and the 2021-2022 FAFSA, prior to applying to STARS Summer Bridge program. For all other questions, feel free to communicate with your FMU Admissions counselor or CARS Advisor-Advocate.
We look forward to you joining us for this jumpstart to your college career!