SAFRA (Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act) Activities
- Instructional Technology
- Enhancing Academic Instruction of STEM Related Disciplines
- Enhancing Teacher Certification
Uses of SAFRA Funds
- Purchase, rental, or lease of scientific or laboratory equipment for educational purposes, including instructional and research purposes.
- Construction, maintenance, renovation, and improvement in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, and other instructional facilities, including purchase or rental of telecommunications and technology equipment or services.
- Academic instruction in disciplines in which Black Americans are underrepresented.
- Purchase of library books, periodicals, microfilm and other educational materials, including telecommunications program materials.
- Establishing or enhancing a program of teacher education designed to qualify students to teach in a public elementary or secondary school in the State that shall include, as part of such program, preparation for teaching certification.
- Increasing the college or university’s capacity to prepare students for careers in the physical or natural sciences, mathematics, computer science or information technology/sciences, engineering, language instruction in the less-commonly taught languages or international affairs, or nursing or allied health professions.