PREPARE TO TEACH AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The School of Education offers the following undergraduate teacher education programs:
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION/EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT EDUCATION/READING/ESOL
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SECONDARY EDUCATION
with concentrations in one of the following
- English ESOL (6-12)
- Mathematics (6-12)
- Biology (6-12)
- Social Science (6-12)
MINOR IN EDUCATION
Students may declare a minor in education after the completion of at least 60 credits and have a 2.5 GPA. Students may combine a minor with any major, but each minor must include at least 18 credit hours that are being counted solely toward the minor. Students can officially declare a minor in education through the Office of Teacher Education.
Students who wish to declare a minor in education may download Declaration of Minor form. The form must be signed by chair or faculty advisor and submitted to the Office of Teacher Education. Return completed form to the Office of Teacher Education (FIU/FMU Building RM221).
SOED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following criteria must be met to be fully admitted into the School of Education.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the completion of 60 credits of general education courses (lower division/transfer course work)
- A passing score on all four subsections of the FTCE General Knowledge Exam.
- A 500 words statement of “My Philosophy of Education”
PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS FOR DEGREE CONFERRAL
- Minimum GPA in all education courses of 2.5
- Pass score on FTCE Professional Educator Exam
- Pass score on FTCE Subject Area Exam
Download a copy of the SOED student handbook that outlines teacher education program requirement.
Click here to download the Student Roadmap