Our library, Nathan W. Collier, provides many resources that can inform faculty teaching and enhance student learning. Please see the list of resources below.
- Improving college teaching : strategies for developing instructional effectiveness by Maryellen Weimer
- Classroom assessment techniques : a handbook for college teachers by Thomas A Angelo K Patricia Cross (Kathryn Patricia)
- Enhancing learning through the scholarship of teaching and learning : the challenges and joys of juggling by Kathleen McKinney
- Creating significant learning experiences : an integrated approach to designing college courses by L Dee Fink
- Teaching and Learning from the Inside Out : New Directions for Teaching and Learning by Margaret Golden
- Teaching and Learning in Further Education : Diversity and change by Prue Huddleston, Lorna Unwin
- International journal of teaching and learning in higher education. by International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning.
- University teaching and learning by Lotte Rienecker, Eliabeth Li
- Contemplative practices in higher education : powerful methods to transform teaching and learning by Daniel Barbezat, Mirabai Bush 1939-
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCOhost)
Academic Search Complete is a scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. The database features PDF content going back as far as 1887.
- EBSCOhost (Complete Database Listings) (Ebsco)
a collection of databases covering various subject areas and directed at various age groups. Includes full text of newspapers and encyclopedias, eBooks and various images, pamphlets, and more.
- Education Research Complete
an online resource for education research. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing. Education Research Complete provides indexing and abstracts for more than 2,100 journals, as well as full text for more than 1,200 journals, and includes full text for nearly 500 books and monographs.
the Education Resource Information Center that provides access to education literature and resources. The database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. The database contains more than 1.3 million records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966
This resource provides reliable consumer health information directly from the National Institutes of Health. Medline Plus is easy to navigate, and its articles are written in non-technical language. Now accessing Medline is even easier with its new mobile app!
- Newspaper Source Plus
Resource covering national & international newspapers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
a publication of the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics that includes information about the nature of work, working conditions, training and education, earnings and featuring hundreds of different occupations in the United States of America.
- Teacher Reference Center
Includes journal articles covering a variety of topics of interest to teachers, including assessment, curriculum development, standards, and continuing education.
- The Purdue University Online Writing Lab
This Online Writing Lab from Purdue University is the premier online reference for learning how to research, write, and document research papers. They offer excellent examples of APA format.
- AMERICAN EDUCATOR
- AMERICAN JOURNAL OF EDUCATION
- CHRONICLES OF HIGHER EDUCATION
- COLLEGE COMPOSITION AND COMMUNICATION
- DIVERSE ISSUES IN HIGHER EDUCATION
- EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- EDUCATIONAL MEASUREMENT ISSUES AND PRACTICE
- EQUITY & EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
- JOURNAL OF CORRECTIONAL EDUCATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION AND SPECIAL EDUCATION (TESE)