Faculty Professional Development programs are designed for faculty to enhance their teaching practices. The Center for Teaching and Learning offers the following programs:
- Faculty Professional Development Series
- Monthly Learn@Lunch Seminars
- Roundtable Discussions
Faculty Professional Development Series
The faculty professional development series for fall 2021 starts in September and consists of three sequential modules. The modules can be accessed via Blackboard. However, faculty are also expected to attend a weekly live webinar to reflect, discuss, and share ideas regarding the course content.
- Module 1 – Instructional Design to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Module 2 – Assessing Students’ Learning
- Module 3 – Using Educational Technology to Foster Active Learning
Monthly Learn@Lunch Seminars
The Learn@Lunch seminars provide faculty the opportunity to present and share their best pedagogically sound teaching practices such as active learning, educational technology tools, classroom management, and accessibility.
The roundtable discussions are informal opportunities for faculty to share and explore topics related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.