The Center for Academic Resources and Support (CARS) is an Academic Success Center for Lions in their first year at FMU! CARS immerses new students in holistic academic support programming designed for their successful transition to higher education and toward their desired major and career ahead. CARS staff consist of academic wellness advisors and advocates, mathematics and writing interventionists, and a testing and ADA Accessibility Coordinator. These area experts are all committed to the retention and persistence of new and transferring students as part of a comprehensive First-Year Experience (FYE) program.
Specifically, CARS team members collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to foster student success in the following areas:
- New Student Orientation
- Placement testing (PERT) and initial college transcripts evaluation
- First-Year seminars
- Tutoring (Math & Writing)
- ADA Accessibility Services (Accommodations and Academic Adjustments)
- Summer Bridge programs
- Academic advising for General Education core courses
- Academic counseling for academically at-risk (early interventions and academic probation)
- Fall Convocation
Looking for assistance? Book an appointment with a CARS professional here. Students are also welcomed to come by CARS located in Sarah A. Blocker Hall, Room 111, between 9:00am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Build on your learning each and every time you come to CARS!
Review the “Academic Pride”
Sarah A. Blocker Hall (SABH) 111