The Group study room is intended for group study by Florida Memorial University students. Minimum of three and a maximum of eight students are allowed to study in the room. The room is equipped with a computer, wireless keyboard and mouse. To facilitate group discussions and presentations, a large wall mount computer screen is provided instead of a small computer screen. You can also bring in your laptop and access wireless internet.
Contact library Circulation staff for reserving the room: 305-626-3640
Group Study Room Policies
- Group Study Room is available to current students of Florida Memorial University only.
- The room can be requested for two hours maximum.
- If the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the reserved time, the room will be available to the next group in the waiting line.
- One group can use the room for only one session per day.
- You can request the room prior to 24hrs in advance.
- Minimum of three and a maximum of eight students are allowed to study in the room.
- No food and drinks are allowed in the group study room.
- Keep your discussions to low voice and be considerate to other users in the library.
- Three members of the group must physically be at the Circulation Desk to check out a room.
- Group leader must present a valid University ID card and is responsible for the items checked out.
- You will not be able to install your own software on a group study room computer.
- Personal laptops may be used in group study rooms.
- Do not try to fix any equipment, ask for help.
The Library is not responsible for the security of any personal items used in the rooms. Personal items found in the Group Study Room will be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library’s lost and found section.
Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.