Florida Memorial University values the spiritual heritage that gave it birth and that has nurtured it for 135 years.
Since its founding in 1879 by the Black Baptist Convention of the State of Florida, Florida Memorial University has maintained its relationship with its founding and supporting Churches. To strengthen this bond the Office of Church Relations was established to assist in coordinating all relations with supporting churches, associations, and conventions.
The office works to:
- Provide financial support for the University
- Bring our supporters to the campus annually
- Raise scholarship dollars for students
- Recruit students and schedule campus tours in conjunction with the Office of Admissions
- Promote the Ambassador Chorale and Gospel Choir and schedules them for Concert Tours, Worship Services and School Venues
- Recruit and retain a voluntary group of Goodwill AMBASSADORS to promote the University in the external community
- Represent the University at Local, District, State, National and International Conventions with speakers, displays and promotional material
The focus of Church Relations celebrates the values of the Baptist Church yet relates to other faith traditions.
Become a Florida Memorial University Ambassador
How Ambassadors Can Help Florida Memorial University:
- Pray for the University
- Become familiar with history and other facts about the University
- Supply information/application to interested students
- Represent Florida Memorial at Career/College Fairs
- Periodically place Florida Memorial information in your church bulletin and/or newsletters
- Plan a Florida Memorial Sunday” with your pastor. These Sundays may be as simple as offering of special prayers for the University to inviting the choir or a speaker from the University. An offering is optional.
- To become and Ambassador please contact or office
Other Activities Include:
- Annual Baptist Youth Camp
- Leadership Training Workshop
- Event and Meeting Planning
15800 NW 42 Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33054