The mission of the Finance program is to provide students with knowledge of the major concepts and practices of financial management, while at the same time helping to develop their analytical, decision-making, and communication abilities. The Finance program will also provide students with learning opportunities, that reflect the current state of knowledge and practice within the field; and the program will prepare students for careers in finance and other business areas, and provide them with the opportunity to pursue graduate studies.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- To provide an understanding of the theoretical foundations of finance
- To produce students who are able to communicate effectively in oral presentations and in writing.
- To train students to apply quantitative skills to business problems
- To assist students in acquiring the ability to use technology in making finance and business decisions. 5. To ensure an understanding of the basic concepts and principles of other areas in business.
- To integrate skills and concepts from the common body of knowledge, bringing them to bear upon the critical analysis of business/finance issues and problems.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- SLO1. Students will demonstrate knowledge of the major concepts and practices of financial analysis and management and develop analytical decision making skills.
- SLO2. Students will demonstrate knowledge of investments and derivatives for the practical application of theory.
- SLO3. Students will demonstrate overall knowledge of finance and major functional areas in business for careers in finance and business, and /or graduate study.
Graduation Requirements: This degree program requires at least 122 semester hours for completion.
Academic Degree Plans for: Bachelor of Science in Finance