Registrar’s Office

HomeAcademicsRegistrar’s OfficeFrequently Asked Questions

General Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Change Majors?
Complete a Change of Major form and have it signed by your current department advisor and the new intended department advisor. Once completed, return it to the Registrar’s Office.

How Do I Change My Last Name?
Present the Registrar’s Office with a copy of the official court document detailing the name change (naturalization certificate, marriage license, divorce papers, or legal change of name order). The Change of Name form is available in the Registrar’s Office or you can go online. (

How Do I Change My Address?
Complete a Change of Address form at the Registrar’s Office. This can also be done by mail. Indicate your name, new address, social security number, and sign the correspondence. This form is now available online at .

Why Do I Need a Photo-ID for Everything?
We require a photo-ID as a means of protecting your records and preventing unlawful access to your academic information.

How Do I Withdraw from the University?
Complete a Withdrawal Form available in the Registrar’s Office. You will need to secure signatures from all instructors from the current semester, the Academic Advisor, Student Accounts, Financial Aid Office, and Residential Life (For residential students only). Then return the form to the Registrar’s Office.

If I Withdraw from the University, Can I Return?

Yes, when you withdraw from the University, you are doing so for a specific term. If you do not return within one academic year, you will have to reapply for readmission in the Admissions’ Office or submit a Non-Degree-Seeking Student form in the Registrar’s Office.